Teach Your Children Well
I found out that the Honors 9 Integrated Lit. & World History class that I'll be teaching is designed to cover the time span from ancient civilizations to the Middle Ages. Then, the Honors 10 Integrated Lit. & World history covers everything from the Middle Ages on. At this point, I'm pretty sure the Honors 10 class is going to be my favorite. :)
Honors 10 Reading List:
(*= something I've read)
selections from The Koran*
selections from The Rubaiyat
The Prince by Machiavelli*
Martin Luther's speech at Worms
Julius Caesar *
On Plymouth Plantation by William Bradford*
Tartuffe by Moliere* (From what I remember, it's got lots of, um, not-so-subtle innuendo. Can't wait to see how my teacher handles this one.)
John Locke writings*
Candide by Voltaire
Common Sense by Thomas Paine
Declaration of Independence/Preamble of the Constitution*
What Is an American? by Crevecoeur *
A Tale of Two Cities by Dickens
A Modest Proposal by Swift
A Vindication of the Rights of Woman by Wollestonecraft*
Poetry by Wordsworth, Keats, and Shelley * ( Some of my faves - Loving it!!!)
Something by Tolstoy to be determined later
(In the spring, they are covering Ibsen (A Doll's House...ah!), Frederick Douglass, Orwell (!), Fitzgerald, WWII literature, stuff about perestroika...*sigh*... Wish I'd still be there!)
Honors 9 Integrated Literature and World History Reading List:
Lots "origin of the Earth" stories from other cultures
Lots of readings about the Ice Age
Lots of myths/fables from ancient civilizations
The Epic of Gilgamesh*
Lots of stories from the Old Testament (Genesis, Deuteronomy, Psalms, etc.)*
My supervising teacher also told me that I'll be helping out with the yearbook too. Does that make me a total geekwad if I'm excited about that? Probably.
Honors 10 Reading List:
(*= something I've read)
selections from The Koran*
selections from The Rubaiyat
The Prince by Machiavelli*
Martin Luther's speech at Worms
Julius Caesar *
On Plymouth Plantation by William Bradford*
Tartuffe by Moliere* (From what I remember, it's got lots of, um, not-so-subtle innuendo. Can't wait to see how my teacher handles this one.)
John Locke writings*
Candide by Voltaire
Common Sense by Thomas Paine
Declaration of Independence/Preamble of the Constitution*
What Is an American? by Crevecoeur *
A Tale of Two Cities by Dickens
A Modest Proposal by Swift
A Vindication of the Rights of Woman by Wollestonecraft*
Poetry by Wordsworth, Keats, and Shelley * ( Some of my faves - Loving it!!!)
Something by Tolstoy to be determined later
(In the spring, they are covering Ibsen (A Doll's House...ah!), Frederick Douglass, Orwell (!), Fitzgerald, WWII literature, stuff about perestroika...*sigh*... Wish I'd still be there!)
Honors 9 Integrated Literature and World History Reading List:
Lots "origin of the Earth" stories from other cultures
Lots of readings about the Ice Age
Lots of myths/fables from ancient civilizations
The Epic of Gilgamesh*
Lots of stories from the Old Testament (Genesis, Deuteronomy, Psalms, etc.)*
My supervising teacher also told me that I'll be helping out with the yearbook too. Does that make me a total geekwad if I'm excited about that? Probably.

4 Comments:
Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»
I'm relieved you got there safely. Enjoy your adventure. Love ya!
Grammie
Have a wonderful time & email your mother. Love Marcia
I'll second that...email your mother.
Post a Comment
<< Home